[c-nsp] vlan needs help

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Feb 8 23:10:01 EST 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009 08:08:23 am Deric Kwok wrote:

> When I try to connect this 4948 switch (eg: port 4) to
> another upstream switch,  machines eg: 192.168.0.100 in
> upstream  switch can't ping to machine eg: 192.168.0.222
> in port3 or port15 of 4948

Is the connection between both switches configured as an
802.1Q trunk? If so, make sure you're allowing all VLAN ID's
across this trunk (to check that things are working first,
then filter if necessary).

Is the VLAN ID between both switches for this subnet the
same?

Do you have the VLAN ID's configured in the VLAN database of
either switch (I think later code does this automatically
when a VLAN ID is assigned to a port, but I can't be sure
how universal this is)?

Cheers,

Mark.