[c-nsp] Cisco 3012 IBM Blade Switch Configurations?

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Wed Feb 18 12:33:23 EST 2009

Thanks.....running into alot of issues with these devices....I have one
2960 upstream with etherchannel trunks to each blade switch. I see
connectivity loss between a server on a blade when all 4 etherchannels
are up to the other 3 blades switches. When I shut down the other 3
etherchannels to the other blade switches, the connectivity gets
restored after a minute.....switching loop? Is the virtual backplane
creating loops? Here are my configs:

2960:
spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id
!
vlan internal allocation policy ascending
!
interface Port-channel1
 description [ Etherchannel Between 2960 Switches ]
 switchport mode trunk
!
interface Port-channel2
 description [ Etherchannel to BL01 ]
 switchport mode trunk
!
interface Port-channel3
 description { Etherchannel to BL02 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
!
interface Port-channel4
 description [ Etherchannel to BL03 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
!
interface Port-channel5
 description { Etherchannel to BL04 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description [ Etherchannel to 2960-02 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-group 1 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 description [ Etherchannel to 2960-02 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-group 1 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/3
 description [ Etherchannel to BL01 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-group 2 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/4
 description [ Etherchannel to BL01 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-group 2 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/5
 description [ Etherchannel to BL02 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
 channel-group 3 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/6
 description [ Etherchannel to BL02 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
 channel-group 3 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/7
 description [ Etherchannel to BL03 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
 channel-group 4 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/8
 description [ Etherchannel to BL03 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
 channel-group 4 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/9
 description [ Etherchannel to BL04 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
 channel-group 5 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/10
 description [ Etherchannel to BL04 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 shutdown
 channel-group 5 mode on
!

And each blade is configured like this:
spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id
!
vlan internal allocation policy ascending
!
!
!
interface Port-channel2
 description [ Etherchannel to 2960-01 ]
 switchport mode trunk
!
interface FastEthernet0
 ip address 192.168.70.21 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/15
 description [ Etherchannel to 2960-01 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-group 2 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/16
 description [ Etherchannel to 2960-01 ]
 switchport mode trunk
 channel-group 2 mode on
!
interface Vlan1
 ip address 10.90.91.21 255.255.255.0
!
ip default-gateway 10.90.91.1
ip classless
ip route 192.168.70.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0
ip http server
!
!

Thanks for all your help on these guys!