[c-nsp] GET-VPN and BGP

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Thu Feb 26 19:40:19 EST 2009

Dear list,

I am working with a customer who is migrating from a static MPLS VPN to a BGP based MPLS VPN. Today they currently have a hub and spoke IPSEC VPN running overtop of their MPLS WAN. Once they migrate to BGP they would like to have a solution that will support the any-to-any connectivity the MPLS WAN offers and be able to scale well to many sites >50. What are my options here. Configuring point to point static IPSEC tunnels are not practical.

I see DMVPN and GET-VPN as practical options. Any thoughts or opinions on why they should consider one or the other?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Note: This message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, legally privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or return email and destroy or delete this message along with any attachments immediately.