[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SRCx - Pseudo Pre-emption Handler - BFD Bug

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Feb 27 11:59:18 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:35:47PM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> Most of the bugs we filed during SRC, SRC1 and SRC2 have
> been fixed in SRC3 - with possibly the exception of this BFD
> one.
>
> We haven't yet come across anything else in the field, but
> we're keeping it simple. We recently lab'ed SRC2 for the new
> Flexible NetFlow infrastructure, and that crashed a 7200. We
> haven't yet tested this with SRC3.
>
> We're steering clear of SRD, as more work seems to have gone
> into SRC and there's nothing we need SRD for. Suffice it to
> say, SRD1 appears to be out.

I'll pretty much agree with this in every respect for 7600 at well. SRC1
and SRC2 have multiple and serious bugs in BGP and RSVP which are fixed
in SRC3. SRC3 is really the drop dead minimum place you want to be, and
other than BFD hasn't done anything really "bad" yet. We threw SRD away
after quickly finding that route-map inbound continue was broken (very
nasty) and the SNMP bridge mib was broken, and yeah its pretty
unnecessary feature-wise anyways.