[c-nsp] Logical Router Segmentation

Brandon Bennett bennetb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 11:19:54 EST 2009

Vrf-lite is just a Cisco term for utilizing VRFs when no MPLS is
present.   Any vendor who supports VRFs support "VRF-lite".

In all honesty it's a stupid term as VRF technology isn't tied to MPLS
at all.   Yes vrf is required for l3 vpns but so is mBGP and we don't
have mBGP-lite :)

-Brandon

Sent from my iPhone