[c-nsp] Logical Router Segmentation

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Sun Jan 11 16:34:14 EST 2009

You could also route out to IU via a DMZ interface on the firewall.
Depending on what services they're providing to you, you may be required
(by law in many cases) to encrypt the transmission of data to IU.  This
would be the case if you were a medical institution transmitting data to
an offsite data warehousing facility (HIPAA) or if you were an
educational institution and this facility was providing you with data
warehousing again, internal email hosting, grading and attendance apps,
etc (FERPA and/or HIPAA).

Justin