[c-nsp] 3750 or 3560?

luismi asturluismi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 05:56:06 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a stack based on two 3750 and a 2960 connected to that stack
using a cross etherchannel.
I have now a requirement and I need PVLANs but they are not supported in
the 2960 (as far as I was reading at cisco.com)

So, I am thinking on replace the 2960 but I am not sure if I should
replace it with a 3750 or 3560.

High availability is a must and put another 3750 it could be a risk
because a far as I read too, a failure in one of the devices of the
stack can take down all the stack and that is a situation I would like
to avoid, but in the other hand I think that a need 3750 could have some
benefits, as a simply management, better perfomance...

I would like to see comments or suggestions.

Thanks