[c-nsp] MPLS Overlapping VPN problem (lab simulation)

Marco hazzarola at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 04:27:18 EST 2009

> Marco <> wrote on Friday, January 16, 2009 20:53:
>
> this is expected. routes imported into a VRF x are not exported by this
> VRF to other VRFs, so a bit like BGP's rule where routes received from
> an iBGP speaker are not advertised to other iBGP speakers. So you cannot
> "loop back" the traffic on the PE itself.
>[...]

> oli

Ok, I have just realized I completly misundestood the data flow diagram.

I thought that if A-central is in VPN with B-central and B-central is in
VPN with its remote sites, then A-central should reach B-central and via
B-central ALL its sites(A sites) . WRONG!.

A-central(vrf AC) sees only B-central(vrf-BC) routes. A separate routing
instance(VRF-B), gives B-cental connectivity to sites B1 and B2.
Vrf-B routes are imported(RT 2:2) in vrf-BC on Pe2, but are not exported back with RT 3:100 to vrf-AC on Pe1

So easy when you know how it works.My idea of overlapping was just too "large":P

It's time for an espresso

Thanks

Regards