[c-nsp] Weird disk0: issues

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Jan 23 17:32:59 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 21:50 -0600, Graham Wooden wrote:
> Format in the SP?  It's not running the CatOS (Hybrid), so I am not
> operating out of that space anymore - all I have is the RP to run commands
> like that...
>
> Am I missing something here Toby?

I can't comment if it will do the trick/solve your original problem, but
you can "format from the SP" via a remote login from RP to SP (on the
running system):

Switch#format ?
  bootflash:      Filesystem to be formatted
  disk0:          Filesystem to be formatted
  disk1:          Filesystem to be formatted
  scp:            Filesystem to be formatted
  sup-bootflash:  Filesystem to be formatted

Switch#remote ?
  command  Remote command execution
  login    Remote console login

Switch#remote login ?
  module      Remote console login module
  standby-rp  Remote login standby-rp
  switch      Remote console login switch

Switch#remote login switch
Trying Switch ...
Entering CONSOLE for Switch
Type "^C^C^C" to end this session

Switch-sp#format ?
  bootflash:      Filesystem to be formatted
  disk0:          Filesystem to be formatted
  disk1:          Filesystem to be formatted
  sup-bootflash:  Filesystem to be formatted

Switch-sp#exit

[Connection to Switch closed by foreign host]
Switch#

This is a Sup720 (don't have any Sup2 to test with) so you might not
have this option.

Regards,
Peter