[c-nsp] BGP "network" netmask strangeness

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jan 28 13:34:45 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 09:14 -0800, Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:
> Just to confirm - you don't have an aggregate summary anywhere?

Nope, very simple configuration, a single eBGP neighbor and a single
route statement:

R1#sh run | begin ^router bgp
router bgp 65112
<snip>
 address-family ipv4 vrf A
 neighbor 10.238.43.213 remote-as XXX
 neighbor 10.238.43.213 activate
 no synchronization
 network 10.32.176.0 mask 255.255.248.0
 network 10.32.194.0 mask 255.255.255.0
 exit-address-family
 !
<snip>

I had the chance to do some more debugging, and shutting/unshutting the
SVI with the 10.32.176.0/24 net made the problem disappear.

Strange, but it was solvable. :-) Now we've defined it how we wanted it
originally, with an aggregate covering the eight /24 prefixes.

Regards,
Peter