[c-nsp] IOS XR BFD

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Fri Jul 3 05:28:02 EDT 2009

At 02:55 AM 7/3/2009, Ian Henderson wrote:
>Nick 'tarantul' Novikov wrote on 2009-07-03:
>
> > The question arises, why IOS XR can't run BFD with internal BGP peers
> > (as old school IOS)?
>
>Because its assumed you're already using an IGP with which you can use it?

What about those of us who use BGP as our IGP? I'm sure that customer
pressure will eventually lead Cisco to put that back into the code.
We use BFD and BGP internally and (obviously) BGP externally.

-R

Tellurian Networks - A Perot Systems Company
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin