[c-nsp] Mac address flapping..

Mateusz Blaszczyk blahu77 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:19:59 EDT 2009

James,

. (I have a pair doing redundant gateways for a DataCenter network)

>       %MAC_MOVE-SP-4-NOTIF: Host 00d0.009e.2400 in vlan 42 is flapping between port Po1 and port Gi1/7
>
> I see about 20 of these for this one vlan each minute.

the mac is 6509-b and pps==20/minute is probably HSRP hello packet
from Vlan42 on 6509-b.
if there are no topo changes in stp there must be a unnoticed L2 loop,
either forgotten portfast or bpdu filtering between 6509-a,-b and
4506-a.

perhaps try to disconnect the customer completely during a maintenance
window and double check all your connections.

Best Regards,

-mat