[c-nsp] ISIS Mesh group question

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Jul 15 15:24:38 EDT 2009

Ibrahim Abo Zaid <> wrote on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 02:47:

> Hi All
>
> I have a question about ISIS mesh groups which is used to reduce LSP
> flooding in full-mesh p2p enviroments , that means we lose redudacny
> for sake of LSP flooding reducation hence it affects forwarding and
> traffic is forced to inactive or interfaces in different groups only .
>
> is that right ?

no, doesn't sound right. mesh-groups only affect LSP flooding within the
area, they don't have an effect of the links when it comes to
SPF/topology, so the final routing table will look the same, whether you
used mesh-groups or not.

	oli

P.S: I've never worked with them and haven't looked at it in detail..