[c-nsp] Management interface on 2950T-24 appears to be dead

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Jul 16 10:04:18 EDT 2009

We monitor just CPU on that switch and it floats between 1 and 3%.

We don't run SSH on that box, so I doubt it could be that.  The mgmt
interface is in our private network and not operating on VLAN 1, so it's
unlikely that it was being exploited.

We power-cycled the switch at 8:15 pm and by 11:20 pm it was in the same
state again.  In the meantime I did look at that switch and there was no
crashlog or anything I could see that indicated what had happened.

I plan to perform another reboot and upgrade it from EA11 to EA13 tonight.

Thanks,

Frank