[c-nsp] OSPF NSSA question

Laurent Geyer lgeyer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:35:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Ruben Alvarez<raa at opusnet.com> wrote:

> Now the ABR has all the N2 routes for the three routers.  But so
> do all three routers, which isn't needed.  They only have one interface and
> a default route.  Is there a way I can ignore all routes in the area except
> the default route coming from the ABR?

If you're set on keeping the routers in a NSSA you could simply
disable redistribution into the NSSA area by adding
'no-redistribution' to the area config.

This will effectively keep type 5 LSAs from being advertised into the NSSA.

Realistically it makes more sense to turn the areas into totally
stubby areas. I don't see what benefit you gain from keeping the
routers in a NSSA.

- Laurent