[c-nsp] Baseline CoPP policies?

nasir.shaikh at bt.com nasir.shaikh at bt.com
Sat Jul 25 08:54:43 EDT 2009

Hi,
I had a MAN running on 12 6504Es and I have had to connect one of the
boxes directly to an ISP switch to deliver Internet to a remote FW.

As the MAN was fairly protected I had not implemented CoPP but now it is
mandatory and needs to be implemented fast.
Does anyone have a template that I can build on? Preferably in
conjuction with the special-cases rate-limiters.

I am running BGP, IS-IS, EIGRP, MPLS, BFD, HSRP, EoMPLS on the box
connecting to the ISP. However, on the interface connecting to the ISP
there is nothing except HSRP and the only traffic that I expect from
that interface is transit traffic to the remote FW. So I am thinking
that an iACL on the interface should also be sufficient till I have had
the time to develop and test the CoPP config.

I am running 12.2(18)SXF16 adv ip on the 6504-E.

Any ideas?

Nasir Shaikh