[c-nsp] BFD + BGP on 7600 SRC or SRD

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Jul 30 06:29:02 EDT 2009

The response I got when I asked was that it was an "unintended feature".
  That may be the case but it was working just fine.  I wish they'd add
the feature.  It's really important for 7600s that serve access
functions along with core/distribution functions.  The only other
solution is to burn additional ports to separate the 1Q trunk between
pairs of chassis for access VLANs (running a FHRP across the pair of
7600s) and a separate pair of interfaces for the L3 relationship between
the chassis.

Justin