[c-nsp] Humor: Cisco announces end of BGP

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Jul 31 02:30:02 EDT 2009

AboveNet and Savvis hardly count.   AboveNet is a great carrier but
small, and Savvis is a walking dead man hoping someone will buy him.
Neither one has, nor will have, the budget or personnel to handle v6.

Level3 and Verizon both have v6 if you ask real nice.  As does XO and
others.

On Jul 29, 2009, at 6:58 AM, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> Let's see...from our "big carriers":
>
> AboveNet: No IPv6
> Verizon:  No IPv6
> Savvis:  No IPv6
> Level3: No IPv6
> GBLX: IPv6!
> Verio: IPv6!
>
> Sure, we have some smaller providers and peers that run it, too, but
> until the majority of our so-called "Tier 1" providers start
> deploying it *and making it easy to request*, I stick to my guns by
> saying that he wasn't that far off.
>
> -evt

Jo Rhett
and other randomness