[c-nsp] Dot1x stuck in guest-vlan

Scott Keoseyan scott at labyrinth.org
Tue Jun 2 19:58:52 EDT 2009

If you're using the Microsoft supplicant, you may need to make a
registry change to force the supplicant to issue an EAPOL start to
initialize the state machine on the port.

See:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/cc987603.aspx

The SupplicantMode registry value (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software
\Microsoft\EAPOL\Parameters \General\Global\SupplicantMode) affects
the behavior of an 802.1X supplicant when sending EAP over LAN (EAPOL)-
Start packets during 802.1X authentication. The SupplicantMode value
can be set to the following:

     * 0 - Disable IEEE 802.1X operation.
     * 1 - Never send an EAPOL-Start packet.
     * 2 - Automatically determine when to initiate the transmission
of EAPOL-Start packets. This is the default value for wired connections.
     * 3 - Send an EAPOL-Start message upon association to initiate
the 802.1X authentication process, for compliance with the IEEE 802.1X
specification.