[c-nsp] (no subject)

Ruslan Pustovoitov rus-p at inbox.ru
Thu Jun 4 09:34:05 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I read config guide for IOS 12.2(x) about MSDP on 3750 and see this statements:

MSDP is not fully supported in this software release because of a lack of support for Multicast Border Gateway Protocol (MBGP), which works closely with MSDP. However, it is possible to create default peers that MSDP can operate with if MBGP is not running.
In this software release, because BGP and MBGP are not supported, you cannot configure an MSDP peer on the local switch by using the ip msdp peer global configuration command. Instead, you define a default MSDP peer (by using the ip msdp default-peer global configuration command) from which to accept all SA messages for the switch.

Could anybody tell me why MSDP cannot use BGP to accomplish peer-rpf check flooding on this platform ?
Instead of this, config guide describe a simple case with default-peer configuration.