[c-nsp] LACP + Wi-Fi = ghettofabulous big wireless pipes?

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:09:54 EDT 2009

I've got several outdoor Wi-Fi radios that I would like to configure in
a PtP configuration on multiple 802.11a channels.

My question to the list is, "Can I use LACP on each end (via a network
switch) to aggregate those PtP connections into one virtual connection?"

e.g.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094470.shtml

So, instead of using ethernet to each switch, I'm connecting an ethernet
cable from my switch into the 100 Mbps LIM of the radio node, creating a
PtP link across an area, then coming out that other radio's 100 Mbps LIM
via ethernet into another LACP-friendly switch.

So, on each port, there is something like...

switch->ethernet->radio-> 5 GHz PtP link->radio->ethernet->switch

Any feedback on this?