[c-nsp] finding bad actors on Cat 2924 ports

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:24:38 EST 2009

  I have a Cat 2924 with a port facing an old Waverider radio. I've got
about 80 MACs live on the interface, it's got a steady 5% error rate, and
the net effect is that it's behaving like WRED with a nearly full cue -
traffic for all slows to a crawl.

  I've been fiddling with it a bit trying to come up with a way to sort out
which remote MAC is the source of the mangled frames and I'm having no luck.
Let's keep in mind that it's 18F here today with a nice, stiff breeze and
the machine in question is 120' up in the top of an old grain elevator.
Something in an snmpwalk that would find this would be lovely ...

--
mailto:Neal at layer3arts.com //
GoogleTalk: nrauhauser at gmail.com
IM: nealrauhauser