[c-nsp] VLAN and switch and ?

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 4 10:14:15 EST 2009

Look at layer 2 tunneling for your switches.  You would assign tunnel
vlan ID and ISP would send tagged traffic into tunnel (Q in Q) and
traffic would exit tunnel where ever needed.   When you assign a port
as a tunnel port, it becomes a tunnel-input and tunnel-output.   You
can have as many tunnel ports as you need.  The ISP can now send what
ever VLANs they want and you do not need to change anything.
Read the doc and be aware of oversized packet handling within tunnel
switches.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University