[c-nsp] power down of standby sup is not possible

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 05:33:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

> Alan, you can do "hw-module module x reset" in order to reset a module (sup included).

i know - in fact, i think it was this particular issue that made
me find the hw-module command  :-)

> I was just trying to have a 2nd sup disabled. I don't need any syncing
> between the sups and power saving would be a welcome addition.

no sync'ing?  so how do you ensure your spare sup has the right config when it is needed? what process or procedure is followed?

> Talking about power-saving, i haven't found any way to disable power
> reservation of a sup slot, when that one is not being used. You can
> always put another module there, but i can't consider this as a solution.

power reserved != power used.  the system just ensures that the
right amount is reserved so it can be used, rather than not being
able to provide the juice.

alan