[c-nsp] IPv6 Subnetting - Service Provider

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Mon May 11 03:02:26 EDT 2009

Bob Snyder wrote:
> One issue we ran into was that not all the networking gear we had could support
> /126. The vendor's (not Cisco) immature support for IPv6 could only understand
> the concept of /128 loopbacks and /64 subnets.
>
> Device in question was a CMTS.

Not to drag an old thread out of the archives, but I'm curious what
brand of CMTS you experienced this on.  Was it a Moto or Arris C4 by
chance?  We have lots of Arris C3s which don't support IPv6 (never
will).  We're eyeballing the new C4C coming out though.  It's the small
version of the modular C4 chassis.

Justin