[c-nsp] ASR 1000 series again: Netflow export

John fraglet at gmail.com
Fri May 15 06:05:40 EDT 2009

Hi

I asked the BU about this directly about a  month ago, and their response
is.

"Yes we keep getting asked this...The RP doesn't perform the netflow export
its the ESP, and there's currently no performant mechanism to get the  ESP
to return the flows to the RP for export, even if we do add  this later, the
export capability of the platform will be crippled in terms of
exports/sec.."

Their response is to add another port on the platform into a management vrf,
which is all well and good but costs $$

The vrf option in netflow export is slated for the next code release, but as
others have mentioned can be negated for now with a static route to
destination, but obviously not via the management port.

Regards
John