[c-nsp] ebgp load balancing using maxiumu-paths TCAM impact on Sup720-3BXL?

Kevin Hodle kevin.hodle at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:04:25 EDT 2009

Yes - that will be a fine solution for your redundant multi-vendor
backbone... er, wait. Sorry, forgot what list I was on :P Also, I had
a look at this, and in the QA section, I got a good laugh from this
portion:

Q. How do I deploy Cisco PfR in networks not running internal BGP
(iBGP) within the enterprise?
A. To synchronize routing within the enterprise and take advantage of
new optimal Cisco PfR routes, route redistribution into the local
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP; for example, EIGRP, OSPF, or RIP)
needs to occur. Static routes injected by Cisco PfR are tagged by an
identifier that can be specifically redistributed. On the other hand,
BGP routes are usually not redistributed into IGP.

BEST IDEA EVAR!

(Sorry - but this just wouldn't fly in a service provider environment)

Kevin Hodle

--
||  Kevin Hodle
||  913-780-3959 (Primary)
||  913-626-7197 (Mobile)

PGP KeyID [0xBBDE8ED7]
fingerprint [3E1B 1F10 938E A831 8CF2 670C 1329 0B8B BBDE 8ED7]