[c-nsp] ebgp load balancing using maxiumu-paths TCAM impact on Sup720-3BXL?

Brad Hedlund brhedlun at cisco.com
Fri May 22 11:44:34 EDT 2009

On 5/22/09 4:05 AM, "Peter Rathlev" <peter at rathlev.dk> wrote:

> But the redistribution is only needed if you're not running iBGP
> throughout your core, right? So most service providers and larger
> enterprises will not have any problems.
>
> Or did I misunderstand PfR (with which I have no experience)?

PfR relies on an iBGP session between the Border Routers for route control.
This is usually not a problem because the pair of routers facing the
Internet or WAN running eBGP will usually already have an iBGP link to each
other (with or without PfR).

PfR runs at the edge routers and does not need to be enabled everywhere
through your core.

http://www.cisco.com/go/pfr

Cheers,

Brad Hedlund