[c-nsp] Sup720-3B Gig port mac address strangeness

Jared Gillis jared at corp.sonic.net
Fri May 29 13:09:37 EDT 2009

Phil Mayers wrote:
> IIRC SVIs use the chassis mac address, and routed ports use the phy MAC
> address. L2 PDUs (STP, CDP, LLDP) always use the phy mac.

I believe that is true as well, however I'm not using any SVIs on the interface
I'm looking at. In fact, the interface I'm looking at is unconfigured and shut.
I've even verified that there's no internal vlan assigned to it, so it should
definitely be using the phy mac, but it's not, hence my confusion and email =)

--
Jared Gillis - jared at corp.sonic.net       Sonic.net, Inc.
Network Operations                        2260 Apollo Way