[c-nsp] Issue with secondary ip address

Daniel Dib daniel.dib at reaper.nu
Tue Nov 3 14:21:51 EST 2009

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] För CJ
Skickat: den 3 november 2009 18:12
Till: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Ämne: [c-nsp] Issue with secondary ip address

Hello all,

    I have a vlan that has a primary and secondary ip address. My DHCP
server is in the secondary ip address. The DHCP server is a windows 2003
server with the scope enabled and correct. If I plug a computer into a
switch with the vlan configured I cannot get an address. If I create a DHCP
server in the primary ip address range with the same scope and options and
disable the scope on the other DHCP server it works. I cannot figure out
what is going on.

Hi,

You should try to use ip dhcp smart-relay. If you don't get a reply from
primary scope it will ask for the secondary address. See
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/iproute/command/reference/1rddhcp.h
tml#wp1046084

HTH Daniel

database 4493 (20091009) __________