[c-nsp] 7200 Queuing

Florent PARATTE (G) florent.paratte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:54:53 EST 2009

Hello,

I would like to have precisions on default queuing on 7200 Routers.

Here is my test topology:

PC -----100Mbps------ Switch ------100Mbps------- Router ------10Mbps------
Switch ------100Mbps----- LAN

There is no QOS configured on equipments.

There is a softphone on the PC and a flooding tool.

There is an Asterisk server on the LAN which is displaying information about
calls.

Packets from PC are not marked.

Packets from Asterisk are marked (SIP: CS3, RTP: EF).

Here is my test sequence:

I flood at 30Mbps from the PC to an IP on the LAN.

I call, from the PC, a phone on the LAN.

Here is my problem:

I have packet loss on the LAN side router interface, but there is no RTP
packet loss!

In the "show interface e2/0" command output, the queuing strategy is FIFO.

In the "show queue interface e2/0" command output, it is written this
command is not used with FIFO strategy.

I made a lot of tests, the priority doesn't depend of neither the Layer 4
header (UDP ou TCP, ports), neither the CoS field. So I imagine it may have
a WFQ algorithm as queuing, but.

So my question is:

Is there some default queuing management on Cisco 7200 Router interfaces
that is not displayed?

Thank you in advance,

Florent Paratte