[c-nsp] Network design change

shadow floating nadengine at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:46:49 EST 2009

thanks alot Ziv

i'll try to put it in a txt format:

  Site A
                                                                 Site

internet

Firewall A

Firewall B
     |   |                                          link under
investigation
|   |
     |   |--------(DMZ Switch)
(DMZ Switch)---|   |

     |                                         Higjh speed link

Core Switch A ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Core
Switch B

Hi All,
My company has two sites in to 2 different locations that are
connected via high speed link at the core layer  in each site I've 1
DMZ , the network team wants to connect the DMZ switches in both sites
for better performance and "security" - the link under investigation
is shown in red in the picture -   via high speed link without passing
at all by the core network layer, as they say that will aid more in
the replication between server A and backup server A in the DMZs and
also this will help if any of the 2 firewalls had failure to access
both DMZs from any firewall.
 Is that better from security point of view?

appreciating your great help and advice
thanks alot

Regards,
Nad