[c-nsp] 7600 ES card and module

Dmitry Valdov dv at dv.ru
Wed Nov 18 02:13:17 EST 2009

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, NMaio at guesswho.com wrote:

> Does anybody have good/bad experience with a 7600-ES20-10G3CXL in a 7606 with 720-3bxl?

We have 2 routers in this configuration. The only difference that the chassics
are 7609.
We're running MPLS/VPLS with ES20 cards without any problem for more than a
year.
Why do you need such smart and expensive cards to conect to other
provider? What functionality do you need?

> Also I am trying to figure out if the XFP-10GLR-OC192SR module will work with this.  Am I reading this correctly that this module is supported for both POS and regular 10G Ethernet?

Seems like that. I've never use it in POS mode but in Eth mode
it works good with ES20 cards.

--
Dmitry Valdov
CCIE #15379 (R&S and SP)