[c-nsp] SXI(3) code status?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Nov 18 05:15:20 EST 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 11:31:18 pm Jared Mauch wrote:

> I strongly recommend using it over prior versions of SXI.

As part of our recent round of upgrades, we moved from SXH3
to SXI2a. It did fix a non-severe AAA bug we hit when we
first moved to SXH3.

If we'd waited 4 extra days, we'd have rolled over to SXI3
instead, but for our applications (pure Layer 2 Ethernet
switching with the boxes running as an IS-IS DIS), SXI2a
should be super-stable for us for another 10 years, even
(okay, maybe not, hehe). Newer line cards notwithstanding,
if it weren't for the AAA bug, we'd probably have stayed on
SXH3 also (which served us well for some 1.3 years).

We simply aren't using any of the other features to run any
potentially crippling kinky stuff on the box.

Cheers,

Mark.