[c-nsp] need a suggestion for a good lab switch

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Wed Nov 18 14:40:07 EST 2009

Hi all,
    I have a lab that uses a Foundry 4802 for routing / switching.  This
item is ready to end its lease and I need to replace it with something more
current.  I'm looking for 48 ports of preferably 10/100/1000 ethernet, layer
3 routing capability (mostly static routing) and spanning tree support.
Good multicast support would be a requirement as well.  Which Cisco products
would folks suggest would fit the bill?  Any pointers would be appreciated.
Also, in parallel with this and to save list traffic is there a good general
product card type page that shows the various Cisco products, a brief
explaination of their configurations / options and model number?  Is there a
central spot with all that in one place?  I appreciate the pointers.

Thanks
Scott