[c-nsp] Issues with Cisco Catalyst 4900M

James Slepicka cisco-nsp at slepicka.net
Wed Nov 18 16:18:55 EST 2009

Not specifically seeing these issues, but I have at least one 4900M and
a few 4500 Sup6E's running 12.2(52/53)SG that are experiencing CPU
issues.  When configured with sub-second OSPF hello timers, they drop
adjacencies when I copy a file (ftp/tftp) to bootflash.  High CPU
utilization in the Exec/Virtual Exec process.  I suspect something is
messed up with the scheduling/prioritization of processes.  This may be
causing the issues that you're seeing as well.

BTW -- the OSPF issue is bug id CSCsw84727.  Cisco says it's fixed in
12.2(52 and 53)SG, but it's obviously not.  Still waiting on resolution
for this one.