[c-nsp] One-way traffic using L2TPv3

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Wed Nov 18 17:05:08 EST 2009

Anyone,

                Labbing up L2TPv3 on a couple routers back to back, having
some issues with just one way traffic.  Topology looks like this:

Ixia(port3)----Fa1/8(3660)Fa0/0----Fa0/0(3660)Fa1/8----(port4)Ixia

Both Ixia ports are sending traffic, but only port4 is receiving any
traffic.  Port Fa1/8 on the right 3660 shows packets coming in, but 'sh
l2tun sess pack' on the right 3660 doesn't show any packets in, which the
fa0/0 interface counters confirm.  Any idea what would cause this one-way
behavior?  When I put the 4 ports in a bridge groups (Ieee), traffic flowed
as expected, so I know the Ixia isn't to blame.  Relevant config:

 R3 (left)

l2tp-class testclass

 authentication

 password 7 05080F1C2243

!

pseudowire-class test-pclass

 encapsulation l2tpv3

 protocol l2tpv3 testclass

 ip local interface FastEthernet0/0

 ip pmtu

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252

 ip flow ingress

 duplex auto

 speed auto

!

!

interface FastEthernet1/8

 no switchport

 no ip address

 no cdp enable

 xconnect 10.0.0.2 400 encapsulation l2tpv3 pw-class test-pclass

!

R4(right)

l2tp-class testclass

 authentication

 password 7 05080F1C2243

!

pseudowire-class test-pclass

 encapsulation l2tpv3

 protocol l2tpv3 testclass

 ip local interface FastEthernet0/0

 ip pmtu

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

 ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252

 ip flow ingress

 duplex auto

 speed auto

 hold-queue 150 out

!

!

interface FastEthernet1/8

 no switchport

 no ip address

 no cdp enable

 xconnect 10.0.0.1 400 encapsulation l2tpv3 pw-class test-pclass

!

Any ideas?    IOS is 12.4(10) IK9S , platform is 3660.

Thanks,

Chuck