[c-nsp] Coax E1 over IP

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Nov 19 07:52:23 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 23:43 +1100, Patrick Cole wrote:
> Offtopic slightly but RAD make a whole range of IPmuxes to do exactly
> what you are after:
>
> http://www.rad.com/3-2563/Pseudowire_Remote_Gateways/

Our RADs have been rock solid for many many years, but all other things
equal we would prefer Cisco equipment, since this fits in our existing
management systems.

Interestingly the RAD IPmux-1E also seems to only have RJ45 connectors
(like the NM-CEM-4TE1), but the data sheet states that "RJ-45 to BNC
adapter cable is supplied".

Is it as easy as that? Can we just insert an adapter cable to convert
from coax to RJ45 and then use e.g. the NM-CEM-4TE1?

--
Peter