[c-nsp] Basic QoS on ATM subinterfaces

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Tue Nov 24 11:49:45 EST 2009

Hi Dave,

> interface Virtual-Template1
>   ip unnumbered Loopback0
>   ip accounting output-packets
>   no logging event link-status
>   peer default ip address pool adsl1
>   ppp authentication pap chap radius-ppp
>   ppp authorization radius-ppp
>   ppp link reorders
>   ppp multilink
>   ppp multilink fragment disable
>   service-policy output IS-VOICE

That looks OK to me.

> in show queueing are MLP bundles. The PVC's that show up after that
> section all list the queueing as FIFO still:

To be honest, I've never looked at that.  Does 'show policy-map interface virtual-accessNNN' give you the right policy applied, and drops happening in the right class at the right times?

(I have a feeling the underlying interface still says FIFO as it is just passing on the PPPoA packets after the virtual-access has decided which packets to encapsulate in which order, but *don't* take that as gospel).

I'd also second another poster's point that you'll want the individual VCs configured as something like vbr-nrt, not ubr, or you won't ever get the back-pressure to the service-policy.

Regards,
Tim.