[c-nsp] OT: VSS + MEC - port-channel dynamically cloned?

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Tue Nov 24 15:01:47 EST 2009

I have seen (very frequently) cloned A and B port-channels (debug calls them "secondary
aggregators" if i remember right) created on a 6500 after reloading the peer router
(C10k). Quite annoying, since the cloned interface is a new interface and snmp counters do
not work anymore (neither our eem scripts) .

According to tac, this is expected behavior for LACP if there is a misconfiguration
(typically when two links of the same channel are attempted to be connected on two
different devices on the remote end, like in this case, VSS/MEC) on the moment of the
channel bundling. But in my case it was something else and tac couldn't find the root cause.

--
Tassos