[c-nsp] 6500 - What determines whether certain traffic is punted or not?

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Tue Nov 24 14:22:50 EST 2009

Having spent the day chasing something identical.....for us is was that the
traffic was being redirected to another router on the inbound VLAN - every
packet needing a redirect gets punted. A few changes to topology and the
redirect requirement was removed and the traffic returned to being hardware
routed.

We also had span the RP before we worked out why the traffic was being
punted.

Dean