[c-nsp] Will UDLD work with converters ?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Mon Oct 5 17:52:06 EDT 2009

Mark Tinka wrote:
> We've seen strange issues with converters were providers
> were unable to guarantee Jumbo frame MTU sizes because the
> media converters don't support them - what the hell...

This happened to me with Versitron MCs.  I had a set in production that
worked perfectly fine.  Then one day BGP started flapping.  A lengthy
period of time for troubleshooting later it was finally determined that
the damn MCs suddenly started filtering jumbos in only 1 direction.  I
hope that doesn't hold true for some of my other more important
Versitron GigE links where I have 8 of the very same model back to back...

Justin