[c-nsp] ASA Firewalls placement in the network!

zafar ullah zafarullah_pk at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:39:25 EDT 2009

Hi List Members!

I am a
new user of this list so please accept my apology in advance, if my post looks
silly.

I want
to ask list users a question regarding ASA Firewalls placement in the existing
network. Please see below for question;

Where
should the firewalls be placed in the network topology? e.g. Firewalls at the
edge of network facing internet cloud or behind routers, in which case router
will be facing internet and firewalls will precede routers.

What you
guys suggest, which is best approach for robust & scalable secure network?

Also
please guide me to some pointer for pros & cons of both approaches.

Thanks
& Regards

Iqbal!