[c-nsp] Es20+ card and licensing question

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:52:13 EDT 2009

Hi Andy,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Webster, Andy
<ANDY.WEBSTER at illinois.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>        I'm looking at the ES20+ cards for 7600s and I am confused by
> the licensing options.  There are two license options 76-ES+BASIC and
> 76-ES+ADVIP.  Do I need to purchase one of these two options for each
> ES20+ card or is it possible to run the card without either license?

76-ES20-BASIC-LIC is a $0 line item with the purchase of the card
itself. If you want/need 76-ES20-ADVIP-LIC, that's $extra. In both
cases you need one license per card (no big deal with the $0 basic
license, obviously).

I don't have any first hand experience with these gadgets so I can't
help with your other questions, sorry. I just ran it (a
7600-ES20-GE3C=) through the configuration tool [1].

cheers,
Dale

[1] https://tools.cisco.com/qtc/config/jsp/configureHome.jsp