[c-nsp] Flexwan module - Memory

Kevin Graham kgraham at industrial-marshmallow.com
Thu Oct 15 00:19:39 EDT 2009

> My doubt are 1.  whether these cwan1/0-disk0: and cwan1/1-disk0: are builtin
> flash modules on Flexwan module?

Yes.

> 2. if so can i upload my IOS in those modules

No. FlexWAN (as with all linecards) boots after the MSFC/Sup. Its devices
are inaccessible from either Sup or MSFC ROMMON.

> becoz, my current flash size will not support my new IOS

Presumably this is is a Sup2/MSFC2? If so, just use a CompactFlash card in
a PCMCIA adapter (which will be presented as 'disk0'. I haven't tested
how large of cards are accepted (on any of the sup's), however 512mb's
haven't caused any problems in this setup for us.