[c-nsp] QoS with Traffic shaping on ATM OC3 on 7206

Nasses, Gus gnasses at tcfbank.com
Thu Oct 22 15:24:05 EDT 2009

Aha, Tim. After upgrading IOS here was an error in the log that did not show
up when entering commands. Here it is:

*Oct 22 12:18:52:  GTS : Not supported over ATM VCs

I cannot apply this policy to either the ATM subinterface, or major ATM
interface, as it won't accept the command and tells me that CBWFQ is not
supported.

So, I guess the question is how to do traffic shaping at all? I REALLY need
to as this is an OC3 on this end, but only 3xT1 bundle on the other end of
this particular traffic and it can certainly be assymetrical, with a response
to their request sending more data than the remote can handle which would be
bad especially with the real-time traffic. This is the first remote site we
want to cut to this infrastructure, but there are likely to be more of
varying speeds but all significantly lower speeds than the OC3 end.