[c-nsp] PPPoE multiple sessions issue

D.J. O'Berry doberry at zcorum.com
Fri Oct 23 12:27:55 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have an issue where random users will apparently lose their pppoe
connection on their end for some reason, and reconnect again. The
reconnect goes well, but the user cannot browse.  Doing a show user |
inc username will list 2 pppoe sessions for the user. Obviously one of
these is the lost session. We have a keepalive set, so after the
keepalive time passes, the old session of course disappears. The problem
is, until that happens or we remove the old session, the user cannot
browse at all. Any ideas on causes of this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
D.J. O'Berry
Network Design Engineer