[c-nsp] ISR G2 "multicore"?

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Wed Oct 28 18:58:14 EDT 2009

On 28/10/2009, at 11:18 PM, Roland Dobbins wrote:

> The smartest/sanest thing to do, IMHO, would be to work at migrating
> to NX-OS, feature-set by feature-set.  It's by far the cleanest and
> best-designed OS platform Cisco have come out with to date.

Couldn't agree more.  NX-OS looks like a great platform that could
"easily" become the basis for all things in the future.  And lets face
it, it's designed to use high-performance, low-cost CPUs for the
control plane.   Would we ever need to think about cpu usage of the
BGP scanner again if there was a quad core i7 sitting under the hood?

David