[c-nsp] Good way of finding unauthorized network elements/

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 15:16:33 EDT 2009

Hi Mike, these are great ideas.  Unfortunately, my biggest problem is the
folks who had my job before me didn't believe in things like best practices
or researching something before they set it up so I am spending a good deal
of time trying to undo the work done before me.  I plan on having our IT
department do a little gathering and grab all the MAC addresses of the
devices that users have.  (laptops etc0  Then enabling port security so
folks will only be able to connect to their ports.

I'm going to go look for ports learning more than one MAC at a time though,
that sounds like a good way to go.

Thanks for the pointers!