[c-nsp] [j-nsp] juniper trinity

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 01:49:57 EDT 2009

It looks like you're right. This Trio chipset is a 30G chipset (full duplex)
and they have 4 of them per a 120G line card.

It makes sense, they have a 50G (full duplex) chipset on the T1600 core box
and then the 30G one for the MX. Of course they are totally different
chipsets, the former being not programmable and the latter being
programmable.

But I was hoping that Juniper would come up with something better than just
a 30G chipset. EZChip NP4 will have better throughput than this.

Marlon